Going into the winter meetings, my question is whether the Yanks are going to just fine tune around the current group or still make a splash. Trades in the winds include:
1) Proctor and Henn to FLA for Juan Pierre. Defense says do it!
2) Pavano to Detroit for Craig Monroe and Carlos Pena. m-m-m-m?!?!?
3) Sign Bill Mueller (FA).....
4) Sign Octavio Dotel to a Lieber-like deal
5) Fill rest of BP with farm 's best prospects
Sabre's will point to Pierre's decline, but if he'd been a Yankee, it would just be a one-year glitch in a .300 hitter's career.... can Donnie instill patience to turn some quick-slap outs into BB's?
If not Pierre, do we hope for a break and get Ichiro for Pavano, or try to pry Reed loose from the Mariners?