Hey there. If you'd like to play in the NYYFans.com 2004 Fantasy Baseball League Doohickey, please post below. I'm attempting to make starting arrangements in the next two weeks, as if we register the league before 1/28, we receive a $20 discount (and might get a better draft time, which would be nice). We're still in the process of finalizing the details, but here's what we can more or less guarantee:
1) There will be a fee, probably of around $20, but not more than $25. Most of this fee will be a donation to the NYYFans.com website to keep it running. There may or may not be prizes, but if there are, the entry fee will also go towards that. The fee for the website will be $120 if we register in the next two weeks.
2) The league is a head-to-head system, based on number of points scored by your roster per week. Points are scored through a system to be determined, but most major real-life scoring categories are represented, and the system should be balanced.
3) There will be three divisions of six teams. The winners of each division, plus a wild card, will advance to the postseason. The postseason will consist of two rounds. The draft order will be random, but returning players will be able to select 3 or 4 "keeper" picks based on their rosters last season.
4) Updates will be posted on this website weekly (if not more often) detailing the standings and results. You'll need to check your rosters at least weekly.
5) Above all, this is a fun, relaxed, but competitive league of friends. If you don't intend to spend much time on this website, or are more interested in winning than taking part and having fun, you should think seriously about participating. However, if you're prepared to relax, play some baseball, and maybe make some friends, then put your name, intended team name, and whatever below. You'll also need an e-mail address and a way of paying money over the Internet - we'll get to that later.
If we get 18 or more sign-ups by midnight Friday, then all returning players will be entered, along with a random selection of newcomers (e.g. if 14 players return, then we randomly select four new applicants to join for 2004). If less than 18 sign up, then the entries remain open until we reach 18. As sson as we do, we will proceed to elect a commissioner.
If you haven't played before, you may choose an inactive team from 2003 to take over (random priority of picks). You may then choose keepers from this team as if you were the original owner. Altenatively, you may start with an empty roster, and draft without keepers.
One final thing: please do not sign up if you are half-hearted, or are not sure you want to play. The league will be seriously hurt by owners abandoning teams halfway through the season, or dropping out just before the draft. If you're worried that the final rules will not be to your liking, then the best way of avoiding that is to visit this forum and participate in discussions. Everyone here is reasonable, and wants to make this game fun and fair.
And with that, I'd like to announce that Saxmania's Swingers will return for another season, after failing to make the playoffs both previous years. Let's get ready to grumble!
Be seeing you,Code:Sign-up status Ruth Division Team Owner (2003) Status Franchise Record Pennants Championships Cunning Linguists #1PaFan SIGNED UP 23-17 (0.575) Fishing with Mendoza BrianNYYanks SIGNED UP 23-17 (0.575) Lordz of Flatbush Ansky39 Inactive 26-14 (0.650) 1 1 NY Bombers yankeesrule2000 SIGNED UP 17-23 (0.425) The Naked Truth patrick.o SIGNED UP 13-9 (0.591) 1 Tugger's Sluggers YanksRockMan SIGNED UP 12-28 (0.300) DiMaggio Division Team Owner (2003) Status Italian Ice joltinjo SIGNED UP 10-30 (0.250) Junior's Bashers Bozidar SIGNED UP 27-13 (0.675) 1 1 Michigan Wolverines Coney36 SIGNED UP 28-12 (0.700) 1 Newburgh Naughties Yankchic22 SIGNED UP 10-12 (0.455) Senators terry14420 SIGNED UP 9-13 (0.409) The 4 Horsemen BANZAIMATSUI SIGNED UP 12-10 (0.545) Mantle Division Team Owner (2003) Status 9 Angry Playaz SanFrANSKY SIGNED UP 23-17 (0.575) 1 Evil Empire Hitman23 SIGNED UP 4-18 (0.182) Larrupin' Lous Big_E SIGNED UP 11-11 (0.500) Mattingley's Hitmen YanksAgain SIGNED UP 17-23 (0.425) New York Squeaks Soriambi SIGNED UP 16-6 (0.727) 1 Saxmania's Swingers Saxmania SIGNED UP 24-16 (0.600) Potential expansion teams Owner (2003) Status PinstripePride Applied jlw1980 Applied restlesssoulNYC Applied miko Applied bakntime Applied