1. Who was the first player to hit 3 grand slam homeruns in a 1 week span ?
Lou Gehrig, August 29th, 31st and Sept. 1st
2. Who was the last player to hit 2 inside-the-park home runs in one game ?
Greg Gagne, Twins, Oct. 4th 1986 against the White Sox
3. Who did Pete Rose get his 4000th hit off of ?
Jerry Koosman of the Phillies
4. Who was Nolan Ryan’s 4000th K victim ?
Danny Heep of the Mets
5. Name the only 5 pitchers to hurl 2 no-hitters in one season.
Johnny Vander Meer, Reds; Allie Reynolds, Yankees, Virgil Trucks, Tigers; Jim Maloney, Reds; Nolan Ryan, Angels.
6. What team was no-hit 2 times at home in 3 years, yet won both games ?
Milwaukee Braves, May 26th 1956 beat the Reds in 10 innings 1-0 and exactly 3 years later, May 26th 1959 beat the Pirates 1-0 in the 13th inning
7. Who was the first player to wear the name of his hometown on the back of his uniform ?
Bill Voiselle of the Braves in 1947 from ninety-Six, North Carolina appeared on the field wearing #96
8. Who was the first pitcher ejected for violating the spitball rule ?
Nels Potter of the Browns vs. the Yankees, July 20th 1944
9. Who is the only pitcher to hit two grand slam home runs in one game ?
Tony Cloninger, Braves July 3rd 1966
10. Who pitched a perfect game without pitching the complete game ?
Ernie Shore, June 23rd, 1917. First game of a double header at Fenway Park. Shore relieved Babe Ruth after Ruth was ejected for arguing a ball four call to Washington leadoff hitter Ray Morgan. Sox catcher Pinch Thomas was also ejected. New catcher Sam Agnew threw out Morgan trying to steal and Shore went on to retire the next 26 batters in a row…