CRYSTAL BALL CONTEST: 2009 World Series, Yankees vs. Phillies
1. Who wins the series? Please provide margin. (10 points)
2. Which stadium allows more HR per game: Yankee Stadium or Citizens Bank Park? (10 points)
3. The Yankees won three 1-run games to the Phillies in the 1950 World Series. How many 1-run games are there in this series: 0-1 / 2 / 3 or more? (10 points)
4. Which great shortstop/team leader scores more runs: Jeter or Rollins? (10 points)
5. The Phillies have a team batting average of .265 against CC Sabathia. Is the team batting average against CC in the World Series higher or lower than .265? (10 points)
6. Who drives in more runs: A-Rod or Ryan Howard? (10 points)
7. How many hits do the Yankees pitchers get in this series? (10 points) 5 point bonus if you guess which pitcher clubs a homerun.
8. How many innings does Pedro Martinez last in his Game 2 start: less than 5 IP / 5-6 IP / 7 or more IP? (10 points) 5 point bonus points if you can guess if "Who's your daddy" chants will ensue.
9. In what inning does AJ Burnett allow his first homerun in his Game 2 start: 1st inning / somewhere in innings 2 through 4 / 5th inning or later / no HRs allowed by AJ? (10 points) 5 point bonus if you guess the result of AJ's start: win, loss, or no-decision?
10. Do the Yankees score in double digits in any one game during the series? (10 points) If ‘Yes’, 5 point bonus if you guess that double digit total.
11. Which word best describes Phillies fans: friendly and kind/ respectful of our dynasty / drunk and criminal (5 points)
TIEBREAKER / Yankees math problem: Yankees runs scored in series + errors committed by both teams – homeruns from Phillies 3-4-5 hitters = ??? (10 point bonus if you hit the number exactly)